All You Need To Know About Pregnancy Test Kits | Mommypure Blog

All You Need To Know About Pregnancy Test Kits


Missed your period?

Feeling Nauseous?

Wondering if it’s a baby?

Then why wait?

Take the much-awaited test with a pregnancy test kit.

A at-home pregnancy test kit works by detecting the human Chorionic Gonaadotropin (hCG) hormone in the urine. Doctors recommend taking the test with the first pee in the morning, for the concentration of hCG in urine is the highest at that time.

However, there’s still a lot to know about them – ranging from how & when to use it to, how much to pay for it. Read on, to get all the answers to your questions:

1. Don’t Spend More Than Required: Pregnancy test kits come in all kinds of money brackets and as expensive as they get, they have multiple features like a digital display, clearer result, more number of tests (just for you to be double or triple sure), etc. The simpler or the inexpensive ones usually have a shorter wait time and the result normally arrives with double lines, a plus sign, etc. Hence, when they both work the same way, then why spend more?

2. Timing Matters: When do you take the test? Even though you can take the test at any time of the day, doctors and health care experts say that the first pee in the morning is helpful in delivering the most effective results. Since the concentration of the hCG hormone is the highest at that time, it is the perfect time to deliver you the most accurate results.

3. A “Negative” Isn’t Always Negative: A negative result can also happen if you take the test way too early. As recommended by National Health Service or the NHS, the test should be taken on the next day of your missed period or after a minimum interval of 21 days of having unprotected sex. If the symptoms persist even after the negative result, the test can be taken again.

4. A “False Positive” Doesn’t Happen Too Often: The accuracy of majority of the pregnancy test kits vary from 97% to 99%. The remaining 3 to 1% is a safe margin kept for errors. Such errors can happen if you’re on medication like fertility drugs, or when you’ve had a “chemical pregnancy” – where the fertilization did happen but the pregnancy failed. But, you must also know, that a chemical pregnancy has no adverse impacts on your conceiving abilities or your body’s ability to carry a baby.

5. It Does Expire: Be it medicines, like contraceptives or pregnancy test kits, they all have a “use before” date mentioned at the back cover. No matter how hard you’re trying for a baby and have stocked up test kits, it is important to always check on the date for no misleading results. If you have all the early signs of pregnancy and the test kit shows negative, it’s time for you to pay a visit to the doctor.

Pregnancy test kits give you the comfort of staying home and living the joy of becoming a mother in the easiest and quickest way possible. The efforts you put in to conceiving, will work wondrously as that stick would say it all! Happy Pregnancy To You!

(PS: In the last paragraph, I would request you to please add a hyperlink on the word “conceiving” for a blog written earlier –  Foods To Eat When you’re Trying To Get Pregnant.

Also, please create a hyperlink on the word “Nauseous” that takes back on the blog written on Nausea during pregnancy)

Gaurav Katiyar

Leave a comment

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing

Free Shipping
Above Rs. 499

COD Available

Have Queries or Concerns, Contact Us

You have successfully subscribed!